Industry Canada recently sought input from Canada’s scientific community on its Science, Technology and Innovation Agenda. Questions for which the government sought input included:
- How can Canada continue to develop, attract and retain the world’s top research talent at our businesses, research institutions, colleges and polytechnics, and universities?
- What actions could be taken, by the government or others, to enhance the mobilization of knowledge and technology from government laboratories and universities, colleges and polytechnics to the private sector?
- Building on the advice provided by the Expert Panel on Federal Support for Research and Development, what more can be done to improve business investment in R&D and innovation?
- How might Canada build upon its success as a world leader in discovery-driven research?
- Is the Government of Canada’s suite of programs appropriately designed to best support research excellence?